The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
k1rodeoboater

A somewhat productive trip to the bone yard

I went to a you pull it place about an hour away from where my folks live today. The main reason I went there is my dad said they had an "old cars" section, and much to my surprise I found several 60's era C10s and one suburban. Most of them had been picked over pretty good and didn't have a whole lot to offer. I was able to nab a few wiring harnesses and some jeep Cherokee door stops for $5. We'll be going back to get a seat out of a 66 for $10 that is in great shape. We almost had the damn thing out but 2 bolts decided to be a PITA and rounded out on us. I'll be going back later this week to get that damn seat. I figured I may as well get an original seat, especially for $10, even though I plan on picking up a 69 GMC pickup seat to put into my truck.

On the next trip the goal will be to find a 73-87 C10 to pull a swaybar off of ($6), a brake MC w/proportioning valve & booster ($26), and the power steering components.

Now for the questions....what all do I need to get power steering in my 66? I have a 250 under the hood, and don't plan on swapping to a V8. I'm guessing I need to get the power steering box, rag joint, pump w/hoses, and the idler arm. Is there anything that I'm missing off of there?
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote