The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
D.FENS

C30 air ride: 3/8" or 1/2"?

Getting a plan together to bag my C30 crewcab.

I recently aquired (most of) an older A.R.T. RidePro kit, which has a pair of 3/8" 2-way manifold valves. Are the 3/8" valves sufficent for a truck as heavy as a crewcab, or should I upgrade to 1/2"?

ART claim their 3/8" valves flow as much as other manu's 1/2's, and I have already read comments about trucks going up / down too fast on 1/2's. The price on the kit was right enough that it was a good deal even if I have to buy bigger valves.

Also, do you run whatever size line straight off the valves to the bag fittings, or do you use smaller size feeder lines from the main line to the bag?

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question to everybody, I've been researching this for a couple weeks and haven't found this addressed directly, just in passing in some old threads (like '02 and 3)

Maybe installers used to use 1/4" feeder lines and now they just run the big line all the way to the bags?
D.FENS is offline   Reply With Quote