The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
tonypaul

Now what - Tires/Rims or Pro-Charger?

This may be a first- I just finished my truck on time and under budjet from a frame off build. Completly baffled in this situation- I find myself having some money left over and dont know which to get. The truck has 17" Boyds with brand new drag radials on the back and some decent tires upfront. I have had these wheels since 1999- Kinda tired of them but they dont look too bad on the truck.

The 7.4l Vortec with the 4l80e runs strong, I can tell its gonna pull my boat/drag car just fine but it dont have that throw you back in the seat feeling. The PCM has a Performance tune on it that requires super unleaded gas in it at all times so I dont think that theres much left in the motor as far as tuning. I have a Avalanche truck that I bought used that came with a Procharger already on it and it really runs good, killed the transmission and rearend already.

I have found a really good deal on both the Pro-charger and a set of 20" tires/wheels that like- but I cant afford both right now. Which should I get?
Name:  truck12-23 019sm.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  12-22-truck 034sm.jpg
Views: 2628
Size:  51.8 KB
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote