The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #23
tonypaul

Re: Now what - Tires/Rims or Pro-Charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
what procharger? i havnt seen that answered yet. i would make a deal on a p600b but its set up for a sbc not the newer vortec.
The Procharger is a D-1SC with all the mount and intercooler for the 7.4L. The unit itself is brand new, everything else is used. This guy put it on his 1998 1 ton rollback wrecker truck. Within the first 500 miles it developed a oil leak. He sent it back to Procharger and they sent him a new one. Instead of putting it back on he took everything off and sold the roll back wrecker. He said his motor had close to 250k miles and it just wasnt worth putting it on the old motor. He ended up getting a new truck with a Duramax so he couldnt use it no more. He wants $3000.00 for everything, he said I might need to get 1 more coupler because 1 got a little messed up taking it off.

It looks like this:
Name:  96-00_GM7_4_uhLG.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  32.4 KB

So its basicly a brand new set of 22" Foose Nitrous rims and tires or the Procharger.
I have a deal with the wife that I wont ever charge anything on my credit cards for my toys. Im debt free and wanna keep it that way, I believe if I dont have the money to pay for my toys - I dont need it, I may want it- but dont have to have it.

Since both deals are for sale by local people they are cash and carry. And honestly laying out $6000.00 more on this truck right now after I just spent $10k in the past 10 or so months dont really make me feel comfortable.....

Part of me feels - Hey you got a great running fuel injected big block and you got these old small 17" wheels that I have had forever... BUT I got a brand new set of drag radials on the back. AND a Procharger under the hood would be completly killer to have. It would really put me in the power range that I would like to have....Im going to sleep on it-----

Last edited by tonypaul; 12-27-2010 at 08:55 PM.
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote