The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
Heavy Evy
born to lose

Brought home another stray

So in the midst of being bored and surfing the interwebs I found a 1971 chev C10 burb for sale on the local classifieds. I figured what the hay i'll take a peak at the ad not knowing I would be obsessed and fall in love with this 71 burb. I wasn't looking for a new project but i knew this were getting hard to find and always wanted a burb. I went for a ride up north with my friend to Idaho Falls, Idaho where the burb resided its about a 500 mile round trip from Salt Lake City, Utah. The guy had two of them a 71 and 72. The 72 had a pretty rough life and needed way too much work for me but was still a neat old rig. I only wanted the 71 he was trying to sell them as a package so I gave him an offer on the 71 he said no I offered another 100 bucks he still said no so I left with no burb. The whole ride home I was pretty pissed he didn't take my offer because I didn't think I would like the burb as much as i did. The next few weeks pass by and I do my thing of work and band practice and day dreaming of a cetain burb when I get a phone call during sunday night football from the guy saying he mad a mistake that night and should have sold to me. I told him its not like im down I can't just hop and skip and im there he said he would hold it for me till i can get up there. The next weekend we went up and picked up burb and a 12 pack of sam adams(can't get that stuff here). We hit a blizzard and the roads were scary. I saw so many wrecks and rollovers. I decided to stop halfway and check the vitals I had a gut feeling things were low. 1/2 gal low on antifreeze 1 q.t low on oil and 1 q.t low on transfluid good thing I stopped or I wouldn't have made it home. I almost lost her coming home anyway. About 20 miles north of my house I hydroplaned and did a full 360 and some more spins on the freeway good thing it was at 2 am and im pretty good driver to save it. After I got my heart back in my chest I got her home parked it and went to bed. Anyway less talking and more picures eh?
Attached Images

'67 Chevy Belair Wagon 283 Powerglide
'68 Chevy II Nova 2 door 350 TH400 Sold!!
'71 Chevy C20 350 TH350
'71 Chevy C10 Burb 350 TH350 stolen totalled gone....

Burb Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=475155

Nova Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498979

Wagon Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543052

Not giving a truck.
Heavy Evy is offline   Reply With Quote