The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Always something with an old vehicle

A friend wanted to borrow my little welder today so I tossed it in the Scion and drove up to his house. Weather around here has been wet, snowy, and freeezing, because I drive my Scion all day everyday its more than filthy. I get up to my buddys place and his cars are all shiny clean. They have been off for a couple weeks so he was able to fit in a good cleaning between crappy weather.

I got home and we still have a light coating of snow here, you can just see the tips of the grass and the driveway has has about half that. My faucets are all winterized and the hose reels have been stored away. Except for the fact its freezing cold out, it is a beautiful day here in the NW.

I decided to start the new year with clean cars. Take off the faucet covers, drag out the hose reel and fill up my wash bucket with warm water so I dont freeze my hands off.

Got the Trail Blazer all clean, was fun cause the water kept freezing up on the car. Then I got the Scion all pretty.

I was looking at my K20, still covered in bout a half inch of snow ... do I want to bother? Yep, so I fired it up and let it idle for the hour it took me to get it all clean. I was really getting into it. I scrubbed the tires with a brush, cleaned off all the black stuff that gets on it from sitting so long in the back yard with tree junk falling all over it. I was freezing but really enjoying giving it a new year clean up. Now that it was all pretty I decided to go for a drive.

I put the other cars away, covered the faucet back up, stored the hose back in the garage and put down a layer of rock salt on the driveway. It was a little slippery lol.

I hopped in my truck pulled the headlight switch on and for some reason I decided to do a quick walk around. Headlights but no tail lights. No marker lights either. Turn on the blinker the lights all did their thing correctly except the front side marker lights were blinking too. No brake lights either.

Its cold out, do I feel like trouble shooting a problem the truck has never had before or should I go inside and sit on the couch in front of the fireplace and check out the board? Ill check out the board

Hope everyone is having a Happy New Years Day!

Last edited by CG; 01-01-2011 at 06:21 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote