The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Susanville-Slam

I am SAM, and SLAM I DO !, HELLO TO YOU !

Hi, I have been a fan of the Square-Body Pick-ups from day 1, I have had 3 Step-sides, 1 SB-fleet and now my current L-bed, and I would love to build a 2wd Blazer .I have been lurking on this site for months and now am finally emerging from the shadows. I live in Susanville,CA. on a 1/4 acre lot in The Lassen National Forest, I work in town as an Auto-parts counterman, before I moved here I was in San Jose, Ca, where for 25+ years I was the owner/operator of a Wheel restoration/repair/refinishing business in San Jose (south bay-area for those in the unknowing). Aluminum wheel polishing, painting, repair ie: straightening, welding cracks, machining worn lug holes for re-use and machining the lug pads for offset changes. I also polish ANYTHING aluminum that I can hold, so car/truck parts, bicycle, motorcycle...whatever also brass, bronze, stainless pot-metal.....etc
My current Sq. Body is my work-in-progress Work Truck its a 1973 Long bed with a '83 front sheet metal clip, I am keeping the current paint "scheme" of Fleet White and Hugger Orange with the exception of the gray will be re-done in a Satin Black, the Phantom billet grill is a carriage works, I am almost done with an engine swap, I replaced the very tired 1983 6cyl (320,000+ miles), with a fresh SBC; 270 cam, gear drive, Edelbrock RPM air-gap, Holley 670cfm truck avenger..etc....I have nick-named the truck Sunkist 'cause the block,heads,intake,water pump have been smoothed down and painted Chevy Orange as well as the entire engine compartment.....Hey I like the color. The drop on the truck is static about a 7/9"; 3"inch spindles, 2 coils removed from 6cyl springs in front, in the rear; flipped front spring hangers, shortened shackles and dearched springs. I am rolling on Vintage ET Mags from the 60s in 15x8.5s Front with 225/60x15 T/As and 15x10s with 265/50x15 T/As rear and those are American racing Billet knock-off centers that I redrilled to fit the old pattern. I will post some pictures later in the long bed post.

Heres what else I drive ...
1964 Buick Riviera (black beauty) RIVITNG is its name and license plate, mild kustom driver
1965 Olds.Cutlass F-85 roadster FULL Kustom (think George Barris meets Larry Watson and Ed Roth)-project
1971 Ford Ranchero GT 429 cobra-jet, ram-air, #s matching mild kustom-project
1986 Olds. Cutlass Supreme Broughm, lowered and custom wheels-driver
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport, custom wheels- winter driver/wifes ride
a dozen Bicycles; 80's bmx, lowrider and cruiser
all the cars are super LOW and have custom wheels except the Jeep is not lowered .....
So Thats me in a nut-shell, any questions just ask.......-SAM
Attached Images

1964 Buick Riviera Blk/Blk mild kustom
1965 Olds. Cutlass F-85 Convertible/60s full-Kustom
1971 Ford Ranchero GT 429 cobra-jet ram-air
1973 Chevy Long-bed "Sunkist" work truck
1986 Olds. Cutlass Supreme Broughm
Susanville-Slam is offline   Reply With Quote