The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
memphisrain

Thinking about a Mustang II front setup

Hi all, I've been doing a bunch of research and planning on my project (69 C/10) and I was considering a MII front end install for several reasons.

First, I have one laying around that I can use.

Second, I want to eventually have the thing lay frame, but do it a little bit at a time, as money becomes available, and while still being able to drive in between. By the time I purchase springs, spindles, brakes, etc, I"m going to have a significant investment, and still not be as low as I want.

Third, I want to center the front wheels in the wheel-wells. The wheels being rearward throws these trucks off visually for me.

Fourth, the rack and pinion upgrade will help me reach my goal of a nice cruiser with the ability to carve corners relatively well.

Fifth, I simply can't justify the expense for the porterbuilt unit when I've got these parts laying around. Yeah, in a perfect world, I'd just order one up, but it isn't going to happen.

Anyways, these are my thoughts, what say ye? I haven't found anyway to update the steering in these while keeping the stock setup, is there somethinh I've missed? I've searched the site and not too much info is around, I suppose because it isn't really a popular swap.

mR

Last edited by memphisrain; 01-11-2011 at 12:37 PM.
memphisrain is offline   Reply With Quote