The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
amullis

Someone tell me that I have not screwed up please!!!

Well here it goes.

I am building a 68 swb 2wd and wanted to lower it. I ordered a 4.5/6 drop kit from ECE. The rear was no problem and it went in great. The problem that I just realized is that a about a year ago I purchased a newly rebuilt front cross member from a guy for my truck. The problem is that I ordered all the front springs and spindles for a 67-72 and my rebuilt and now installed front cross member is for a 73-87.

I was hoping that it would work and so I went ahead and took the 73-87 spindles off and tried to put the new ECE spindles on and either I am going to need to replace the newly replaced ball joints for some that will work or get some longer/taller castle nuts because the ones that I have screw past the ribs for the pin.

Also when I took the jack down from the lower A-Arm the front springs do not want to stay in place. Is this just the fact that I need a new rubber bumper for the top A-Arm or what?

Please tell me I am not going to have to start all over and that I have not wasted my money!!!
amullis is offline   Reply With Quote