The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
funkytechmonkey

Rookie builder looking for a mentor......

Hello to all of you guys. I have to admit I am crazy addicted to this forum and love seeing all of these builds you guys have done. I am posting to introduce myself and to ask you guys for some help for this noob. I know my relationship with all of you in the 67-72 forums will grow tremendously here in the next few month. I have been learking around the forums long enough to see that most of your guys love to help each other and really enjoy being a part of others builds. I love it! and hope to contribute in the future. As for now.... I do not know a thing about rebuilding a truck and I have never even attempted to restore anything. With that being said..... I would love for you guys to help me start my project and get me underway.

My name is Brian, 30 years old and I live in Lawrenceville, GA (around Atlanta). I have started doing my homework and I know I would like to rebuild a SWB 69 C-10. I am really going to take my time with it and do a frame off restoration. I love horsepower and I love the lower hot rod look. I have been out looking at a few trucks on craigslist around here but they all are pretty rusted up. I have a purchasing budget set to $1500. I could move that up to $2000 if needed. Now here are the questions..... Some of these questions may be a little too general for you veterans. But any info you can throw at me I will absorb it.

With a purchasing budget of $1500 what should I be looking for in a truck?

How much rust is too much rust? Some of you guys make these rust repairs look so easy.

There is a local truck with motor and tranny for $500 but the body is in pretty bad shape and no idea if the motor even runs. (Remember I am all alone in these purchases and I know photos could help you guys)

BTW.... What is going on with my Falcons... Greenbay is killing them!!!
funkytechmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote