The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

A Harbor Freight dont buy

I was doing a little cleaning in the shop today and decided I needed some storage bins close to my work bench. I figured I would just run to Harbor Freight and pick something up ... heck it was just some little bins.

I dont bag on Harbor Freight because you get what you pay for ... pretty simple as far as Im concerned. Ive bought stuff there Im happy with and some that wasnt great, but got me through what I needed it for. When I need something to last I usually try to buy good ol made in USA.

Im just tossing this out there in case you were like me and wanted some inexpensive little storage boxes. They came with a little hanger rack you screw on to the wall and then hang your boxes on the rack. They didnt have any on display but the picture on the box sure looks pretty =) so for under 15 bucks I grabbed em up.

Got em home and opened. Really cheap (not surprising huh? lol) The little hook parts on the bins themselves were kind of bent in so it made em hard to get hung up. I went to carefully bend one out a touch and it broke right off.

I dont want to turn this into a bash Harbor Freight thread, just letting you guys know this is one thing to avoid is all.

http://www.harborfreight.com/wall-mo...ins-65889.html