The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
John Gilbert

The Holy Grail of Squarebody Grilles?

Of course its just my opinion, but I've always regarded a stock '73-4 C10 grille with a 454 emblem resting in it as the holy grail of grilles. I hate to think of how many square-tube custom grilles I've thrown away. Looking back those were kind of cool, and the ones I had were made in California back in the day.

The date for the CPP show is getting closer by the day, so I was sizing up which of my trucks might be ready in time. My '73 is years away, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing its grille.

The white '75 is another 454 Big10 short Fleet, and the '79 Big 10 hiding in the dark is the Americruise truck.

And of course the '68 Jimmy is nothing, but a work truck... So many trucks, so little money.

Its still up in the air which truck I'm driving to the show... I hope its not the S10, that means I didn't get anything done.
Attached Images

Last edited by John Gilbert; 01-23-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: typo... as usual, I didn't proofread until after I posted.
John Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote