The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Constructor1

New Member - first restoration project!

Hello all!

I just recently picked up a 1970 C10 LWB as my very first resoration project and luckily found this great site. I find so much insperation just from reading the threads and looking at the pics - WOW some really great trucks!

First pic is the truck I got for the project, i think there is a lot of potential. The second truck that is wrecked is also a '70 c10 that I picked up as a parts truck. It was from an original owner who purchased in late '69 and one night in a storm a large cotton wood tree fell over and crushed the truck and the old man's heart. I found log books detailing every fuel stop, oil/filter change, repair and parts replacement - everything documented. Unfortunantly after the tree fall, the truck was left sitting to rot. The front clip is 95% perfect shape and I wanted to use the 350 as my project has a 307 with a piston slap. Once I had all the tin off I found what I believe to be a sm465 4 speed and a 12 bolt positrac with leaf spring rear suspension and duel saddle tanks. I am now confused as to which way to go. Should I just put the 350 in my project with the TH350 or put my body panels on the frame with the 4 speed and posi rear end? What might the pro's and con's of each set up be? Any comments and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long windedness - I have so many questions that I think I will spend a lot of time picking everyone's brains.
Attached Images

Constructor1 is offline   Reply With Quote