The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Slewis2304

Wink IDEAS On A 49

Recently aquired a 49 3100 from my grandfather..who purchased the truck new in 49. It spent most of its life as a ditch truck. Time to give it a new "life" !! Just looking for ideas that any of you may have. Definately do not want to chop it or bag it. Lowered a bit however would be good. Thinking about a heidts mustang II front end with 2" drop spindels. And for the rear im not sure..maybe just pullen something out of an old vehicle and rebuilding it. with either a 2 or 4link. Only gonna run a nice stock 350. The end result i'd like to acheive is just a nice good looking old truck that can be a summer driver. Everything dosn't have to be new and shiny as it will not be a show truck. Wanna make it look "fairly" new and drive it right back into the ground!! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and i will post as the restoration progesses. Thanks!! New to the forum BTW.

Last edited by Slewis2304; 01-26-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Slewis2304 is offline   Reply With Quote