The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

New Blazer, New Problems

I bought a 2001 Blazer at the weekend, its a four door LS 4x4 manual transmission RHD UK spec truck. I'm working through a number of small issues, I've just ordered a new set of window switchs for the drivers door as the drivers switch packed up on the way home (its jammed solid) I've had to pull the ABS fuse as occasionally at low speed it goes nuts and nearly put me into the back of another car yesterday, then the ABS warning light comes on so its turned off until I can check over the sensors and wiring.

I've just ordered the parts to do a full service and tune up so AC Delco double platinum plugs, cap, rotor and leads, and oil, air and fuel filters. Plus it needs the coolant dropping and replacing as it seems to have plain water in at the moment.

My questions are:

What is the easiest way to drain the coolant? Pull the bottom hose? Is there a draintap anywhere?

I understand that the best way to get at the plugs is through the wheel wells any tips welcomed.

What is the best way to change cap, rotor and leads? Access looks a ***** especially as my hands ain't exactly small. Whats the firing order and which way are the cylinders numbered? From the front right hand plug and back and forth or to the back and then round the other side?

Also the rear wiper doesn't work, it sounds like the motor runs but it doesn't move and I tried moving it by hand and it seems to be absolutely solid. Is this a common problem and if so whats likely to be jammed/bust?

Occaisonally the "Service 4wd" light has come on for a short while, the handbook is uber helpful, it just says "if the light comes on then service the 4wd system"! What is likely to need doing?

Any other servicing tips welcomed, I have a bit more of an issue as it has an LPG (propane) conversion so I can't easily remove some of the pipework to get better access plus theres extra gubbins in the engine bay like the control box and vaporiser etc.

Any help welcomed, oh and I'll also be swapping the good but very noisy cheap Forceum A/T tyres for a set of General Grabber AT2's from my last but one Trooper as they happen to be the right size. Should get rid of that nasty rythmic droning.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to pick your brains, I'm really happy I've bought it even with these odd problems, the price was right anyway and it should give me my bowtie fix until I get my truck back on the road.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote