The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Devillusion

project: Gangreen

Well...let's see if I can get this build done before someone offers me something I can't refuse for this thing...lol. That seems to be the norm as of late.

Picked this unit up from a buddy for a decent deal, and finally got a chance to drag her home the other night. She needs some serious TLC such as panels, floor pans etc. She is not going to be restored or any show truck, this will be my weekend warrior/trail rig/plow truck all in one to justify having yet ANOTHER toy in the arsenault....lmao.

It is a 1990 K5 (obviously), with a 6.2L diesel, automatic, and fully loaded. She will be getting stripped of her axles and put in my D60/D70 combination I have here, or maybe slap in my 14FF...have to see. Have a set of 35" grapplers here for now just to get her going, will be doing a 52" spring swap, and gutting her of some of the un needed items. Have a good set of fenders off of my burban I am gutting/stripping right now as well. Starter bolts are snapped off, and had the Tcase rebuilt not long ago. Interior is in pretty good shape, but definetly needs a good cleaning. Someone had a antenna on the roof and never plugged the hole, so I am assuming that is why the floors are toast. But they are reasonably flat so I think it just might get cut out and replaced with some diamond plate or something. Also have some 16x8 wheels that are getting drilled out for monster valves. Will get a cage of some sort along with some stingers etc....might even eventually exoskeleton the rig. I have my mandrel bender here so might as well use it for it's purpose...lol.

..anyways, this I guess is the start of my build and will keep updated as I go. Never owned a K5 before but have owned many MANY GM truck projects in the past. So any useful advise on the K5s is welcome and so forth.

Have a look at the pics and let me know what you think...

1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote