The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
blazerboy_4life
70Custom10

Has anybody cut/ground out their frame to make headers fit?Tried 4 pair now! PicsPlz

As the title states Im now on my 4th pair of headers now and all of which seem to either rub the frame or the engine mount. All four pair of headers say they were "built for 67-72 Chevy C10" and so far nothing bolts up! This is frustrating the h3ll out of me. I don t know if it makes a difference but my truck originally came with an inline 6 and is currently running a 305. Are the engine mounts different or does the cross member sit lower on a 2wd originally equipped with a 6 cyl? Can I space something to raise it up or down? Is there a better motor mount or tube mount I should replace it with? Has anybody taken drastic measures and cut/ground down their frame to make a particular set of headers work that you just had to have? Right now I have a set of patriot Block Hugger headers and this is the closest to fitting ive come so far but im still off by about 1/4". Im going on 2 months now of not driving the truck because of brake issues and constant wrong headers and Im jonezin BAD Please Help!! Sorry about all the questions but this is drivin me nuts! Ill post pictures tomorrow in the daylight when im not so irritated with my poor immobilized baby.

Speaking of pictures can I get some pics of your headers on your trucks? Id really like to see what type of engine mount/cross member you have and what type of headers get around it. Thanks in advance!
blazerboy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote