The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Project "Harriette" A slow and long term build.

So I get a call last Sunday from my 3rd Cousin asking me if I would be interested in his old truck that he has had for the last 25 plus years. I have seen this truck many times during the years but just thought that he would never let her go but after turning 80 he said it was time and besides he still has his Caddy. I jumped in my truck and drove over to his house to take a look (I really didn't care what shape it was in because I wanted it) after a couple of beers and a hand shake it was mine. He made me a really good deal and this past Friday I loaded it up on the trailer and brought it home. The plans for this one is to collect parts while I finish my 67 project "Hazel". The good part about this truck is I have most of the sheet metal parts I need to made the body very solid and straight. The only rust I have found have been in the drivers outer rocker and some on the floor where the toe board meets the floor seam by the dimmer switch. Anyway, here's the stats and some pictures.

68 SWB Custom
327 V8
Turbo 400
Was Saddle and white once upon a time.

The suspension will be handled by PorterBuild (he should have a new kit by the time I get to that point)!

I always name my trucks/cars so this one is Harriette because the cousin I got it from name is Harry.....thought it fit?
Attached Images

-67 SWB Custom Porterbuilt Front and rear 20/22's Hazel Sold
-71 StepSide Porterbuilt Stage 2 with 20/22's Stella Mae Sold

Last edited by n2billet; 01-30-2011 at 10:35 PM.
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote