The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Italia

Dash Lights Stopped Working!?!?!?!?!?

Everything was working fine. i pulled out my stock instrument panel, cause i had a custom gauge cluster panel fabricated. I am going to be using Autometer gauges. drove the truck home one night and noticed NONE of the lights that were in the stock panel were on. Figured it was just cause they were not grounded.... (they originally got ground from being plugged into back of stock panel)
So out of curiosity i plugged them all back into back of stock panel to see if thats what it was.... NOTHING. I checked all fuses and made sure there were no shorts in wire. i then tried running power wire straight to fuse box and turned on my parking lights (which SHOULD turn those dash lights on) still nothing. I have tried several different things and cant get lights to turn on when i turn on parking lights or headlights. I ran a wire to the brake light fuse, and the lights turn on.... BUT they are on ALL the time cause the brake light fuse has constant power to it. I cant get power from parking light/headlight switch from fuse box..... Any suggestions guys?????? I dont think i need to replace harness, cause everything else works perfect.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Italia is offline   Reply With Quote