The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Thumbs up 700R4 tranny For sale

Second listing for this item.
700R4 tranny out of a '92 S-10 2 wheel drive blazer. 140,000 miles, but taken good care of.
The S-10 was used as a tow rig ONCE, and it was a short 5 mile trip. The original owner of the vehicle neer towed a single thing.
Fluid was chainged every year that I had the Blazer, from '97 untill a couple months ago. (it was due for it's anual fluid/filter, but the truck died before I did it) The original owner did have the fluid chainged twice in the 5 years (70,000 miles) he had it.
Tranny has never slipped at all in the time I had it.
Torque converter is said to be a slightly higher RPM stall when bolted to a healthy engine. This is something the Camaro guys say, I have never confirmed/denied it. The converter does start to give a little converter chatter when coming out of lock up, but it is minimal, and goes away when the fluid is chainged.
Tranny comes with;
proper dipstick
cast alluminum inspection cover
torque converter
TV cable
and you can have the original drive shaft & yolk if you want it, but the yolk is rusty.

Pictures;

This transmission will bolt direcly up to inlne six, small block and big block engines.

$400 negotiable, I will deliver 100 miles from Columbus Ohio which will get it pretty much to the state line in all 4 directions.
Other than that, there is no shipping on said item.
I can take it to the board meet in Aug to Fine69's place and hand it to another member as shipping if you work it out with one of them.
I have a member from PA and one from MI stopping by here next weekend.
Just giving some ideas on shipping posabilities.
We could work possable PARTIAL trade, but the tranny came out of my wife's truck, and the $$ goes straight to her, so it'll have to be a good trade item...good enough for her to see the advantage.
I gurantee this tranny to work 100% properly with the mild converter chatter as described in this thread...as long as it is installed and adjusted properly.
Please feel free to ask any questions and make offers. Please keep in in this thread, my PM box is constnatly on the edge of full.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote