The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #11
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

I was asked what was going on with the T-Bird in my avatar so here are a few pics of it. And Fat Mike I also included a pic of Kabwe helping me install the engine. The Bird belongs to a friend of the family and because of the high cost involved it was only a partial restoration. It should have been a complete frame off resto. Lots of people don't understand that when you got a car or truck that age and it's been sitting up for 24 years not driven and not maintained, be prepared to get up off of some Mula $$$$ to get it going. I did the best that I could but it needed so much more done to it. Maybe because I have been too busy comparing it to the show quality T-Birds I feel it should have been a complete resto. The motor had a locked up cylinder because of a blown head gasket and the water leaked in and after 24 years of sitting it just rusted/welded sort of kind the piston rings to the cyl. walls.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote