The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
jrdv

Freebie.......69 Utility Truck

I just picked this up yesterday. My good friends father-in-law knew I liked these old trucks and asked if I wanted this one.

I did a 500 mile round trip to Alamosa Colorado to drop off a 2940 John Deere to get some work done, then to Espanola New Mexico to get the truck.

It hasn't been registered since 95. He said his dad did a little work to it and then parked it. We didn't try to start it, so when I got home, I pulled the plugs and squirted in some Marvel Mystery Oil. The plugs all looked like it had been running a little rich.

It has a Purolator electric fuel pump. The oil still looks very clean. It has some typical rust issues, but the grill and bumper are in excellent shape.

I'm about to head out and drain the gas tank, put in some fresh gas and see if she will fire up. I don't know what I am going to do with it, but I couldn't turn down free!

Enough rambling. Here's the pics.
Attached Images

jrdv is offline   Reply With Quote