The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
rahatawa

Steering Column Help

Now that the truck is running (albeit with some hiccups) and has a bed and a tag. Its time to work on the "extras"One of these is taillights. That is todays afternoon plan. The second is my steering column. The first problem is slack in the wheel. I assume I need a new box or to rebuild mine. Check. Easy enough.

The question I have for you guys is about the in-cab portion of the beast. I have search for with no luck a diagram for the exploded view of a column for my '64. My turn signal stalk just spins back and forth the column rather than moving up and down to indicate. The portion of the column isn't attached to the rest I am guessing. I need to pull the whole column apart and fix this I am guessing. I would love to get signals/brakelights/headlights all working.

If you have advice on (1)how to pull the wheel (2) what is going wrong with the signal stalk housing (3) have general advice for life and column rebuilds for someone who has never taken a steering wheel off please, please share.
Drew
rahatawa is offline   Reply With Quote