The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #24
Hardesty454

Re: How can I fix this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicdog View Post
It looks to me that your core support may have shifted to the right slightly.Try loosening it up and moving it over slightly to the left(driver side).Then loosen up the back two bolts and push the back of the hood over some also.I think your problem is with the core support.I do agree also 60s technology was not great by any stretch.Start by getting your door gaps as good as possible to the fenders up down left right etc.You may have to (dare i say it) slot some holes or bend something to get really good lines.Could your hood have been flattend out some while it was off?Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
It can and is done but it is not an undertaking for someone without patience.
You start by setting the doors then shim the rear of the fenders on both sides. Move to the core support to get the front valance correct then move on to the hood. It took two of us three days to align all of the panels on my 67 stepside. We did it before paint and pinned each joint before disassembly for paint. A ball bearing will roll down all of those panels now!
Thank you,
This is what I was leading up to and will try this tonite and post any pictures of any movement to see if it works out.

Wish one of you could come over and do it for me. I'll buy the beer.
Hardesty454 is offline   Reply With Quote