The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
56taskforce

Here is my 56 6100 dump truck

56 6100 two ton dump 496 ci Big Block stroker 540 Alison transmission

This truck is a work in progress here is the monster 496 being fitted in to it's new home.

The steering box is being replaced with a power box from an International Scout II this steering box will also be ported for one of AGRs' Rock Rams for that extra grunt.

The steering system is also being changed to a crossover system where the pitman arm will be linked to the passenger side knuckle by this fabricated steering arm.

The braking will be handled by rebuilt stock drum brakes front and rear all new plumbing and a hydo-booster pushing on a dual curcit master cylinder providing double the original braking power.

I have a long way to go and have way to many other projects that 496 may get used in a 64 C60 that I am also working on if that happens it will get a spiffy little 350 that is curantly in a 64 GMC 6000 that is the dump truck I use now. Hope you enjoy it isn't offten you see hot rod classic dump trucks.
56taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote