The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
ubtripn

You won't believe this!!!!

So I am out in the boonies here In Boise in some field looking at a 67 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton? in rough but straight condition with minimal rust. Guy comes walking out (no for sale sign) and I ask about the truck. He says it has a big block 292 (I had one in a 65 once, they have great torque) and that it has 44K original miles and still runs great. (Hmm) Anyway, I ask if he is selling it and he says he has not really thought about it but he sighs and says I guess I would take 1500. (Not a lot of cars go by where I was or it would have been gone long ago.) Man if I just had more money. I do have his number though. Anyway, here comes the good part, I turn to my right and off in the field is what I can only describe as a "herd" of 67-72's in his neighbor's field. I walk up to the fence to try to look closer and a mean dog scares the cr*p out of me. I try to knock at the house but no answer. I am talking 10 or more just sitting in the high grass, some in awesome condition, others less so, more behind the barn even. I understand the undeniable attraction to these trucks but I just cannot understand why he would buy them just to sit outside and do nothing. Of course I haven't seen what he drives yet either so there is that. (That would still be one heck of a lot of back-up trucks.) Anyway, I am going back and will get some pics for you all.

Last edited by ubtripn; 02-27-2011 at 11:54 AM.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote