The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
jsmithbm

58 frames

Hey guys, first post on this sub-forum. My father passed away last week and he was in the process of havin "some" people build his 58. Just to give you a little background. He got interested in the old chevy trucks when he and i bought a 70 and i started building mine. He wanted one in the 50's so i located a 58 for him. We traveled across the state and took it back to his house were we started tearing it down. At about that time he became terminal ill and started farming out the work. He had the frame swapped to a 78 (i think) and the truck was sand blasted and primed. A nicely built motor was put it and that about it.....
I have a load of quetions but i will do my best to search for the answer before asking. SO i had just a few questions. if anyone is willing to lend me some of their knowledge.
*problem one i see- the back of the cab has been cut about 3 inch up to allow the cab to sit on the frame. *additional info, it was a 1500 not an s10 frame.
*problem two i see- the fleet side bed was altered but the wood floor will not lay in the bed due to the arch of the frame. *i know i know, this post is worthless without photos. i promise i will have plenty on here tomorrow.
*what should i do? they look he was going for was a slightly lowered look with mag wheels, *as he called them* Should i keep the frame its currently on or swap it again. How should i get the bed adjusted. i am sure once i post the pics it will generate more responses.
thanks
-joel

Last edited by jsmithbm; 03-01-2011 at 12:02 AM.
jsmithbm is offline   Reply With Quote