The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Nice score! Have the other style in my 72 super. And I'm watching another setup that is over 160 right now on ebay...
You got a link for that ebay set up? I'd like to watch that also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Oh and nice progress on the sanding too
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67shortie View Post
Here is what I would do with the low spots, the parts of the fill primer that you still see the orange peel and guide coat on the panels. These spots will show as waves/dents on the final finish and you should address them now.

Take evercoats poly fill (it's in the garage now for the exact name but I can't find it) the can is a smaller blue one, the product is white in color and catalyzed. It spreads like smooth filler and used for low filling needs like yours.

Use this to fill all of the low spots sand with 80/150/220 and re prime with filler primer and reblock. This is the way I have fixed low spots in the past on problem areas like yours. Even more important on black cars which the whole panel will get skimmed and blocked before primer.

For the smaller rounded corner blocking I have used a tightly wrapped scrap of carpet and curve sandpaper around it. It worked for me quite well.

Finish detail like this will make a big difference in the final product
Thanks for the info. I've also had a couple people suggest a product called slick sand, that is probably similar.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 03-01-2011 at 12:45 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote