The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
bark

tuning your own computer

Hello, working on my 6.0L swap, and I started thinking, would it be worth buying the soft ware to tune my own computer, that way I could have a tune specially for my set up, and be able to change it if I decide to alter it in any way. I also drive other gm trucks, so would be able to tune them? I just did some quick reading on HPTuners, and also EFILive. HPTuners mentioned about credits, I assume this is how many times you are allowed to use there product, not sure if it is for different vehicles, or every time you plug into the vehicle?

I know I may be opening a can of worms, and it would probably be better just to pay some one that has experience doing to do it, (which is probably what I will end up doing in the end) but its just an idea

Has anybody elso though of this, or has anyone done it, not that I wanna be all fast and furios by having a laptop sitting on my consoul and tuning air fuel ratio and timing every time I drive... I just though it might be some thing to consider, especially if changes with cam, intake or exhaust are going to happen

any info or tips would be appreciated
bark is offline   Reply With Quote