The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
hick

Will Acid Dip Remove Spray On Box Liner?

Howdy All,

Just in research mode as I haven't found "the" truck yet, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, so feel free to move it.

I am looking for a Long Horn but am not prepared to do a frame of restro. It'll get a new engine and become a summer cruiser for the time being (and a summer time work truck, tidy tank and tool box)

To save me self a lot of work when the frame off happens, I want to spray the bottom of the cab (under side), box (underside) and inside the box to hold off the wear and tear and any further rusting. I'm not sure if the long horns ever came with a steel floor, but i would still consider spraying the inside of the box panels and just throw a cheap 2x6 pressure treated floor in for the time being.

The truck is going to see gravel road, pavement and any thing else I can get it into which is why i want to do this. During the fall it'll double as a farm/fuel truck just because i can and likely in the spring as well for baling. It will be pulling a trailer if need be as well... an all around work truck

For the sake of a frame off, will the acid dip remove the liner or am i just causing my self more head ache in the end and is the liner even a good idea?

I don't want to do the frame off till i am 100% ready to go, and that maybe several years. Any other suggestions is much appreciated

Thank you,

Scott

Last edited by hick; 03-05-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: terrible grammar
hick is offline   Reply With Quote