The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
no moa

Wreckers are so AWESOME.

I went and looked at this today, and i instantly fell in love. 1969 c30. 307 4 speed, dark green.

I have seen this truck for sale many times, and the price was pretty high. Well it came up yesturday on CL ,and i called to take a look. Drove 2 hours one way and bam! what a machine.

Truck is the original green, it was complete Ziebarted when it was new.Its a 440 holmes body. That is in great working condition.

The original owner owned a gas station, and the truck was inside almost everynight. It was then sold to the guy that owns it today, who in the last many years has put new brakes, e'brakes, tires, wheel seals, radiatior(single core? y did he do that) the rad shroud is broken, not sure why, bad waterpump coming apart maybe, and winch cables. New taillights, spot rear lights. Everything works great, even the heater.

I was amazed when i saw this truck. The odo says 34k. The owner says it stopped working 5 years ago, and he used it once in awhile towing, so nearest he can figure its $50 or 60k original. I can't verify that and don't care.

The roof is super solid, just some spots here and there very easy fix, the doors are mint. Its had the drivers rocker has been replaced, and the pass needs a patch on the floor, but the rocker looks ok. The cab corner on the drivers side is showing some bubbles, the pass side one has a dent in it. Can mounts are in great shape, the rubber is cracked, the box mount is very nice.

The rear body has some holes in it, mostly on the spots that held road dirt. All repairable.

The dash pad has a crack, the seat is mint. He says it is original, looks like it was recovered, i'm going to check it again.
The motor runs beautiful. Its clean, very clean. the fenders are perfect, infact the drivers front lower fender pocket was full of ice, not a hole to be found. he cleaned out the ice while we talked so it didn't rust any more. The innerwells were super clean. hood was good.
The frame was clean, and the wood holding the wrecker body was in very good shape, mounts were solid.

We hoped in it, and headed down the road, its got that 1 ton ride, goes straight and sweet.

its an incredable find, and i'm happy to say we made a deal, and i am heading up tomorrow with a friend and his dump truck and 20k trailer to bring here home. i'll post more pics when she's home.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics. Check out the patina, the garage info is still in the paint. It was a getty station.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.

Last edited by no moa; 03-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote