The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2003, 02:26 PM   #1
carterb

New enthusiast looking for a Suburban...

Hi all. I am new to all of this so bear with me.
I am looking to purchase a 1967-1972 (preferably 1972) suburban. IMy family has outgrown our custom GMC S-15 so I'd like to start playing with a suburban.

I am happy to see that there are a number of them out there on trucktrader.com. Are there other good classified sources?
Is there an e-mail group that you recommend for trading info or is this bulletin board the best way?
Are there some good sights and FAQ's you can point me to to start gathering info?

Plans for the truck would be to lower it and swap in a modern EFI V8 drivetrain. Most of the ones I see available are 4x4, can they be lowered successfully or do you recommend I stick with 2wd if that is my plan?

Thanks in advance for your help. Most usefull would be direction to FAQ's and other good info sights so I don't come here asking questions you've answered a hundred times before.
--carter
carterb is offline   Reply With Quote