The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
ekacpuc

Stickshift options

I've got a 1977 C10 that's getting a 4 link rear with a posi and a 454 that's built for torque. The cam I'm getting is 1400-5200 rpm, plan on running 3.73s but could change that if needed. Should be around 400ish hp and hope to get 500 tq.

I'm looking at a TKO-600 (don't like the 500s low 1st) or maybe a muncie M22. I love the way the rockcrushers sound. Speed limit in Alaska is 55mph but plan on one day taking it south for a cruise. So it almost seems silly to buy a OD.

Anyone put a muncie into thier C10? What do I have to worry about? I'm a dummie so please put it into dummie terms. I'm starting from scratch. Use to be an automatic, so wondering how reverse lights work and drive shaft stuff too.. I saw someone here has a M21 and that sucker seems to clear the bench seat nicely.

Some things I'm wondering about, car vs truck bellhousings what's the difference? I think my block is a LS5.

Can I just get a clutch to match the 10 spline input shaft?

Has anyone used a hyd clutch linkage with the M22s? I saw a kit somewhere but I think it was for the TKOs

Anyways I really should put a auto back into it to keep it simple but that wouldn't be me and I really don't enjoy driving autos... I'd be a bit concerned with the muncie's shifting.. IIRC they where kinda difficult to shift, not as smooth as todays sticks but heck that makes it even cooler

Basicly I need all the info that someone is willing to spend the time typing out for me. Any tips tricks or things they would have done differently. Maybe a good site for info on converting my truck to a stick. I'm getting a tree (pedal assembly) for free from a friend of mine, don't know what it's out of though but its worth a look.

Greg
ekacpuc is offline   Reply With Quote