The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
c10fan

New to the forum and to rebuilding. C10 help

Well Im new to the scene but a fast learner and I want to know who has the best c10 rebuild out there. Some things that I have seen that I like were the fuel tank being relocated from behind the seat to under the truck bed, I like the truck a little bit lowered and on 20`s but not actually "slammed" all the way to the ground what would be the best way to achieve that. I can send a pic of what I mean if you want. I also like the idea of replacing the original gauges with electrical gauges so if anyone has done it and has any pointers let me know. I want to do a frame off rebuild and I would like to know what steps I should go by for rebuilding from there, I assume i should take out the motor and trans. first and have those rebuilt or flushed or something. sorry if this seems like alot but all the help you can give is appreciated. I also want to convert the tail lights to LED but I can make my own so that isnt a problem, I have a 1970 C10 Long bed all original still except for the rims and stereo
c10fan is offline   Reply With Quote