The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
RuralRoute C-30

Just sharing some new parts for the old C-30 interior

Warm weather finally appeared so shop time is becoming a lot more enjoyable when time allows. I admit, it has been a long winter here and was getting tired of merely thinking about the direction for this truck's interior and other details.......so I finally got the parts ordered for this soon to be project and here they are!

I had already found a new gauge cluster this winter on ebay but it is an odd one where it didn't have the lower left ac vent cut out but was factory pressed out in the upper right corner for ac. Probably why it sold for $40. (My 85 does not have ac)

So, to give it a storage tray, rather than try to cut my old one and "glue it in", someone here suggested I buy the vent adapter, which I have, and with a new modifed back plate that will replace the storage tray problem when that's installed. Better idea and the right way to do it. Thanks Forum.

Another "detail" goes back to when I bought this truck a year ago the front marker lights were really faded out from the years, so I added those to the order too, and tonight was a quick refresh of that detail. I give LMC good marks on this item. It was a clean fit, not crap. Just one of those details I notice even if no one else sees it or cares and it was the cheapest for the buck.
Before:
After:

The rest of the parts are all dash and door panel updates which it needs. Including a new clear lens too since if I go this far into it then it just needs it too.
Current Dash:
Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have some nice springtime weather to work in the shop for a change.
Future Dash and interior upgrades:

Even the ebay Scottsdale dash emblem showed up today!(thanks restorob for that ebay link)

At least the parts are all in although I'm betting on some hidden surprises when I pull the old dash. After over a year I still smell a musty mice smell after discovering an old nest in the gauge cluster! Look forward to refreshing this interior soon!

By the way, if anyone comes across some oem c-30 fender emblems for this 85; I am looking. It came with GMC ones and it would be nice to replace those with what should be on the fenders. (just another detail)

Gotta admit it is nice to now have this project ready to move forward when time allows. It was a long winter and I've long since over-killed thought in this topic.

So after a winter of watching so many of you do so much on your trucks it is nice to have something also to share on another project pending for this old C-30.

Mark

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."

Last edited by RuralRoute C-30; 03-17-2011 at 08:28 PM.
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote