The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Ratical

Got a new truck!!

Hey guys, after looking for months I finally found an AD truck. It is a 1949 that has had a lot of work done to it but still needs some work. The 235 engine has been rebuilt and is super clean and starts right up every time. It is a 4 speed with all original suspension.
Funny story, I found this truck on Craigslist and the guy was asking $2350 for it. I e-mailed him and got more details and it sounded exactly like what I was looking for. The truck was located about 2 and a half hours away from me and I was working and could not get down there to look at it. He said he had had a lot of calls but because of the weather no one has been able to come look at it. Well, long story short, my brother lives 5 miles from where the truck was and he went over and video conferenced me in with his iPhone. I purchased the truck over video conferencing for $2,000! I think that was a steel for a running driving solid truck!
I don't know if anyone is interested but thought that I would put pictures up of my progress. My goals are to get it a little prettier and then drive the snot out of it.
My question for you guys is that it is a 1949 truck and the doors have wing windows in it. I know the wing windows didn't come in these trucks till 1952. The door latches and strike plates are the correct 1949. I am looking for an inner stainless original trim piece for around the window on the drivers door. Do I get one from a 47-51, or a 52-54?

Thanks for bearing with me!
Attached Images

Ratical is offline   Reply With Quote