The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Water in the glove box?

We have a sloping down towards the house driveway and I usually back my truck down so the box wont fill up with water from the occasional rain we have here in Washington =).

I always keep my trucks paperwork in a plastic bag in the glove box because Ive had other 67-72 trucks that would get damp in there.

I had to use the truck today and I was lazy last time I drove it and just parked nose down into the drive way. Well we have had quite a bit of Washingtons occasional rain since I drove it last and the box had a lot of water in it. So i dropped the gate and drove out of the driveway onto the road to dump the water out.

When I got the box lower than the nose the water came pouring out, and the water also came pouring out of the glove box. I opened it up and my trucks paperwork was floating in its nice baggie in a pool of water.

When I back down the driveway I never get any moisture at all in the glove box.

Ive seen em get damp in there but never a pool like that. Is all this water from a poor windshield seal, or does it come in from somewhere else?

Last edited by CG; 03-19-2011 at 05:06 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote