The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
NW Task Force

Putting my 57' back together in the rainy PNW!!!

My 57' has not been on the road in over 13 years!!! The truck used to be driven during the Spring & Summer for cruise nights and car shows. In the late 90's, the truck was torn apart to have a 77' Camaro front subframe installed. In the process, an early 80's Firebird rear end was purchased for the truck. The firebird rear is a 3:23 posi disc brake setup. I have not gotten around to installing it yet. I bought a 283 V8 several months ago and have it sitting on "stand-by" for installation. I also have a complete TH350 waiting to be used.

The truck is confined to a small car port shed outside. This is where I attempt to get it back up and running with the tools & parts I have. The truck appears to be in sad shape in the pictures, but the body is rust free and the sheet metal is straight. Dirt and dust has been accumulating on this ol' gal for a few years. I really hope to have it running by the end of Summer or sometime this Fall.
Attached Images