The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
Malibu Monte

Re: Young Bucks How Many of us are there?

I am 22 and have had the bug for a long time. Before I was even in Kindergarden I had cabbaged on to a '46 ton and 1/2 truck that was in our back yard until my dad scrapped it. And because I got mad at him he pulled his old '69 Nova Drag Car out of the junkyard it resided in and gave it to me. It was like a playhouse for me when I was a kid and I still have it and it will be restored someday. My first real running car was my '78 Malibu I bought when I was fourteen and still have, now restored and given the proper hot rod treatment and featured in a few magazines. I drove a '84 2wd lwb Silverado when I was in high school and sold it when my dad starting talking about selling his '72 4x4 that I grew up riding in. I sold my '84 and bought the '72 and drove it for a while. Then I bought my namesake car 85 Monte SS and use it as a daily when it is not nasty out. Most recently I started building a drag car out of a Second '78 Malibu that I bought that will get the .30 over 454/ and 400 turbo that I built. I have my own house with attached two car garage that houses my two "done" cars (original malibu and monte ss) and parts, Rent a shop with a buddy that I am building my drag car in, and still have stuff in my dad's shop as well. When I get my drag car going I am going to start a restoration on my '72 4x4. Owned many more cars in there as well, but I just listed the classics and the keepers.
-Monte Buck
True Young Buck