The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
notrailerqueens

Question Window problems

ok so on the new 86 short box i just bought im having some window issues.

the truck has electric windows. the motor and the wiring to the switch in the drivers side door was bad so i bought a new motor and wiring jumper this weekend and installed it. (btw puttin that new motor in if you havent ever done it before is a PITA!) but never the less i took the truck to lowes today and the window rolled down fine but when i went to roll it back up i got magic smoke and the fuse blew.
so when i got it home i took the door panel back off and low and behold you cant get to the motor now cuz the glass is in the way. there-for i cant run a hot straight to the motor to see if thats the problem. now i put the multi meter on the switch and the switch is fine. if you flip the switch to roll the window down it works fine but when you flip the switch up to roll the window up it instantly blows the fuse.
ive looked at the wires and cant find one thats pinched so im at a loss. also because the mounting hardware for the motor is on the door skin side of the regulator i cant just drill a hole to take it off. plus to take the motor off you have to pin the regulator gear and i cant do that while its in the door.
so im seeking any kind of advise or possible solution i can get. thanks in advance. you guys have never steered me wrong in the past.

85' chevy long box, built by a girl!

My Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=429956
notrailerqueens is offline   Reply With Quote