The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
colin_havens

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketObolts View Post
I pulled my front clip off, relocated the proportioning valve, and started pondering how to keep my steering shaft off of my upper arm when I'm aired out. Still a little stumped. Colin Havens--those tubs look great.
Thanks man, just got to finish welding them up and spray the bed down with a good coat of bedliner. I cant decide to leave the center open or to build a removeable notch cover so I can still access things like bags and lines if I have something fail.

As far as your upper arm hitting your steering shaft, you can do several things. Are you running stock arms? If so you can notch it with some tubing cut in half (like a "C") so it will clear the steering shaft. You can also swap out to a D shaft and some universal steering joints and an idler shaft, raising the shaft to clear the upper A arm yet still mak it all the way to the steerign box. Your third option would be some custom A arms, which would clear. Obviously the first thing is the cheapest, just depends on your skill. Good luck with it.