The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
dbmx66

why does it keep hesistating? help me!

okay, so.....

i had the truck outside a few times in the past week, trying to tune it up a bit.
its irritating the crap out of me. theres this hesitation.

when i sit there and get on pretty good just from idle, its hesitates for a second then i left off for not even a second and get back on it and it screams like it should.

when i sit there and spool the convertor up to 2500-3000 rpm then let off the brake and smash the gas it just falls on its face. again until i left off and get back on it.

the timing is set.

i have tried almost all the different accelerator pump cams and squirters. and still havent solved it.

the hesitation only got a lil better by changing out acc. pump cams and squirters.

what do i do!

is it too much carb? the engines a 350 bored and stroked to a 383, full forged eagle bottom end. 11.5 or so compression, high flow cnc ported heads with 2.05int and 1.60exh valves. with a .575 hydraulic cam, aluminum rockers, vic jr single plane intake with a holley 750 double pump on it.

please help me.
dbmx66 is offline   Reply With Quote