The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
beanyard

Making progress

First things first... I don't know if I have introduced myself yet. I have been lurking on this forum for a while now. I finally got some life events past me that will allow me to spend more time working on my truck. I will post some pics below. 1959 apache fleetside longbox... 327 with a 3speed column shift and 2 speed overdrive tailshaft.

Currently I am working on painting the rear half of the frame and underbed parts with POR15 redoing the wood and painting the inside of the bed with tintable bedliner. I am thinking about going with the original colors. That way when I am ready to paint the outside it will be all ready. In the mean time I can still enjoy the truck.

I am also taking off the overload springs and installing a front and rear sway bar. See the pics below.. Hopefully I will post more as I get more progress.

You will also notice the messy garage. I also made the mistake of tearing apart my truck before cleaning the garage. Luckily I have managed to get it 90 percent clean... and since I just passed the CPA exam my wife has allowed me to buy some rewards... 60 gal compressor, jack, jackstands, air tools and some parts for the truck. I used to be strictly a cabinet maker so my automotive tools have always been limited.

If all goes well I will also be relocating the tank to the rear and working on improving the interior of the cab.
Attached Images

Last edited by beanyard; 03-26-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: pictures didn't post
beanyard is offline   Reply With Quote