The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
bucketObolts

Ohio members, i need help with my title

Or better yet, Anyone from NJ bought a truck from Ohio? Or a state that requires notarizing the title. So long story short, I bought a 69 c20 last month in Ohio. Drove the 1100 miles in 20 hours non-stop other than fuel and food. To make things worse, I left directly from work after an 11 hour day. I picked it up just to use as a donor for small stuff on my 68. But the more I look at it, it's in too good of shape to tear apart. My bowtie heart won't allow it so Im thinking of using it as a side project to give my cummins a little rest during the week. Anyway, since it was to be a parts truck I didnt really care about the title since I wouldnt be registering it. But now Ive been reading on the net that OH titles require notarization? What's this about.?

I actually saw it on the title when I picked it up but figured it was just to register the truck in OH again. That and i was overtired and cranky. So what do I do? Considering diesel is $4.00/gallon, I really don't feel like spending another weeend on the road just to have a paper stamped. Do you know if this is definitely required? Or I have heard of maybe being able to get the seller to have his signature notarized and verified, then I can do the same. If you have any info please, please let me know. Oh yea, and i have already called Ohio and pretty much got nowhere, and I havnt been able to get to my dmv yet (NJ) but they will probably tell me it depends on what Ohio says. Sorry for the novel you just had to read but I can't find any decent answers. Thanks in advance--Bob
bucketObolts is offline   Reply With Quote