The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2003, 02:51 AM   #1
1971gmcshortbed

allow me to introduce myself (and truck)..

hello all 67 72 fellas, i found this site last night and was so exited about posting for tech help i forgot to introduce myself. i'm in the southwest (it's pretty hot right about now). i work at a GM dealership, hope no one takes offense.. been a tech for about 10 years now. mostly electrical work and a/c.

my father purchased a 71 GMC when i was about 14, i actually thought it was ugly at the time, it became mine during high school. it had a 307, i put 64cc camel hump heads and torker cam in it. i thought i had a bad a** truck. after a while it ran tired. parked it for about 8 years, i was so in love with it so i never sold it.

resurrection: i pulled it out of my moms yard 2 weeks ago, pulled the heads, took them to the machine shop, gonna do new stainless valves 2.02, new guides, and hard exhaust seats, (no leaded gas). i came across a '99 chevy roller block 4 bolt, it had a piston with "black death" said my machinist. so i'm goin .030 over leavin the crank which is in great shape. i'm gonna run a comp cams 282HR which is designed for the new style roller block.

several other goodies include a 700R4 trans built with transmissionhead.com's raptor kit, 2500 stall, and lots of high hp goodies. i just won a truck megashifter on ebay. also holley blue electric pump. yee haw. ebay is helpin out lots.

building this thing has definetly shown me something though, how much money i DON"T have.... oh well i'm just getting it running now, cosmetics can come later. it's not ugly though body is super straight and only normal rocker rust.. i plan to be running by late august. i'm sure this site is going to help out alot, i'll appreciate all the help and will be happy to help in what i can as well.

later.
1971gmcshortbed is offline   Reply With Quote