The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
cleszkie

Bolt in Rocker (Torsion) Boxes?

I am in the home stretch of the metalwork phase of restoration on my Blazer, and the last thing to do is install the sweet set of original take-off rocker boxes, end caps, and side braces i recently acquired. I have bolted in the side braces to the floor bulhead, B-pillars, and bed floor, the end caps to the side braces and bed floor. All I have left to do is bolt the rocker boxes to the end caps and side braces and weld them to the outter rocker lips, inner rocker box 'floor rails', and front floor pans. My question is, has anyone not welded, but bolted the rocker boxes in along the inner floor rails and outter rocker lip? I was thinking I might try this because it would allow me to simply unbolt the entire rocker box assembly and clean out/maintain that area every now and then without having to cut/grind out welds. I put a lot of work into restoring this area and have done my best to treat all of the metal with Rust Bullet Automotive coating, but I still want to be able to check up on things that would otherwise be hidden. Let me know your opinions, good or bad. Thanks.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote