The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
kristian_dancer

Angry Ok today I got the bad news then more bad news

I recently have been working on my C20 which has had a dually conversion.

I have had a small breaking issue (they grab pretty aggressivly) and I was hopeing for a minor repair.

Turns out the rear seals have been leaking and I need new drums, shoes and rebuild kit. $629 + tax. Fronts looked ok whoopee for the small good news.

It was also discovered I need a lower ball joint $150 +tax oh and that will need an alignement when we install it add $79. The shoucks look bad also $299 + tax.

Only went in for a oil change and a brake adjustment

I had just spent all morning wrestling with a window winder install and was hopeing to find out what the damn check engine light was coming on for when I go over 50.

And so coming to the point I have looked everywhere under the dash I have no obd1 socket to short to read the check engine code has anyone got any idea how the hell I find out why the check engine light is coming on.

It's a 5.7 and for some strange reason the oil filler has an extended tube and its on the right hand side of the engine. The books all show the filler on the left? Ideas anyone?

I could do with a little good news today as Mabel (thats what I named her) has been kicking my ass all day!

Thanks for any help offered.
kristian_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote