The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
gearhead1985

my pos 67 soon to be dd

well i just picked up a decent 67 chevy c20 2wd and drug it home it needs all the normal rust repair cab corners, rockers, under the gas tank, and spot under drivers left foot the normal stuff and some major wiring issues the goals for this truck will be a dd and tow pig for my jeep to and from the trail and i hope to do it all for less than $2k for the mechanical parts aka i will get alot of parts from the junk yard most will be chevy parts and i will try to keep alot of factory parts but i am going to upgrade when needed so my start for upgrades will be brakes, steering, and gas mileage

the start

the standard 67
sb350
th400
eaton 52ho rear diff
non power 4 wheel drum brake
1967 chevy 3/4 ton with busted shocks

now the questions i have a hydroboost unit from a 85? military k5 and power steering pump will that be a pita to swap in how does the rod length and throw compare to 67 will it affect factory power steering will it have two much pressure?

i want to keep 8 lug rims so what is the best jy swap for front disc i already got the parts for the rear(85 3/4 ton rotors,4wd 1/2 ton caliper, soft brake line and 14bff mounting bracket that is getting modified leftover parts from jeep mods) and the adjustable proportioning valve?

i am a newb to this make and model of Chev most of my experience is in my 1992 jeep and gm a body's
gearhead1985 is offline   Reply With Quote