The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #11
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Silver Dollar

Now I have a Problem, It didn't show up till yesterday. Saturday afternoon, is when we filled the truck at the gas station, as you know I filled it to the top, and then drove home and parked it. no problems. It was a nice day yesterday, so we took the truck out for a drive. we stopped at my parents, and we noticed fuel running out of the fuel fill, we were on a slight incline, and I knew I had it completely full so Ifigured that was it. We decided to burn a little fuel out of it, and take it for a drive. The whole time we were driving fuel was running out of the fill. I got it back home, still running out like it was way to full. So I siphoned some fuel off, not a lot but enough to keep it from running out. My thought was the fuel in the tank was expanding from the heat the 80 degree day, and since it was so full it couldn't vent properly. but after I siphoned it off I let it sit in the sun for a few hours , with no leaks. Until I started it. as soon, as i started it was back to pouring out, shut the truck off, and opened the fill, It is completely full again, right to the top. anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Last edited by mrhino; 04-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote