The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Little opinion help from the 50 plus crowd

So Im finally starting to roll on my panel build and I have an interior question for guys in my age bracket.

I have a really nice split bench out of what I believe is a mid to late 60's Chev. The interior of my panel is going to be red (body is gloss black). Im trying to decide if I should go regular pleats or diamond pattern? The dash pad will also be made to match.

I have tons of car magazines from the late 60's and I think either way would look cool. You see lots of pleats out there because they are so timeless looking. But I remember a 69 GTX a buddy had that had an all diamond interior and man did that thing look great.

A little more on the vibe Im going for: It's going to have the foot gas and dimmer pedals. Column mounted tach. I also have one of those black sorta foam sorta rubber steering wheels with the chrome spokes with the holes in them. Rear windows on the barn doors are red plexi. Tires and wheels are my avitar. Its an auto, but will have tall floor mounted shifter. I may even hang a shrunken head from the mirror lol.

So you kinda get where Im going ... pleats or diamond?

Edit: Forgot to add, not even sure if it matters, its a 69 with a 68 front clip.

Last edited by CG; 04-11-2011 at 11:27 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote